Liz Haley is a professional coach, consultant and facilitator dedicated to supporting self awareness and redesigning community and workplace culture based on the principles of collaborative communication and collective intelligence.
My intention is to help create positive change and ease in our lives and workplaces and in turn, the world around us. Informed by extensive training and science based research, my approach is rooted in simplicity, sustainability, empathy and humor.
Sessions are customized to individual needs - some utilize practical strategies to increase productivity while others center around more mindful practices of self awareness and visualization.
My path to coaching was born from an art project I did in 2007 about personal transparency. I hooked myself up to a polygraph (lie detector) machine and allowed the public to ask me anything they wished. I learned a lot about myself and other people but what fascinated me most was what happened when you put people together in a safe and honest space and ask meaningful questions. It was a profound experience that inspired me to study coaching. This developmental work is particularly vital right now and I’m continually inspired by my clients and the work we do together, please join me. Diversity is welcome and encouraged.
- Coaches Training Institute (CTI), Coaching program completed in 2014
- Mediation skills certification, Ventura Center for Dispute Settlement, 2016
- Leadership training, Coaches Training Institute (CTI), 2017
- Non Violent Communication (NVC) training and facilitation training
- BA in Interdisciplinary Studies, Evergreen State College
- Founder and Owner, Valentines, Portland, OR (20+ employees) Owned 8 years, sold in 2012.
- East West College of the Healing Arts (Portland, OR) Certification degree
- National Outdoor Leadership School, program in Patagonia
- Vipassana 10-day silent meditation retreat